django in grails

I found all what I had seen on django are available in grails.
I got Object-relational mapper, Elegant URL design, Template system, Cache system, Internationalization and all of the django advantages are on grails.

But grails provides much more than that. You can check all of grails plugins here
One thing that make me feel better with grails is the update command. I could always using the latest grails release for my project.

the grails's features that make me move from django without any questions are:

  • GRAG, which able to genereate class model from existing database
  • security plugins, which provides many techniques for securing website
  • Rich Client/Ajax Plugins, since django only use dojo
  • smooth upgrade and more automatic code generator
  • provides much more great plugins which really stop my pain
  • no complaint for working with java
  • spring powered
  • better IDE support, since it built on top of java: netbeans , and of course eclipse

here is a small video about ajax, grails and netbean
is really grails stop my search??
since still, I miss my zope and plone

0 Responses: